Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

Sunsunsunsunsun


I feel very privileged to have been able to get out and enjoy the delightful weather.... man i am loving the heat and the sun!  Have worked Saturday, Monday, yesterday and today, but got to be on the beach most of Sunday, chilling out with hubby, family and friends for Mr Q's birthday.  Despite my scorn toward those 'other English people', I too came home sporting a rather patchy sunburn.  My stomach is STILL painfully red. Oops.

And, it's not only Brighton beach that has been graced by our presence, but we were also able to escape to West Wittering for a day and a couple of nights.  My family still has my grandparents house there, which is a very special place (currently writing a poem about it, actually).  I realised today that it's the only house that has been a constant place in my life  - ever since I can remember.  All the rest of my family has moved around from house to house, town to town.  The photo is of sunset on Monday night at 'the top of the creek' - a sheltered bay where boats are kept.  On Tuesday we walked, ate ice-creams, and rowed a very little boat across the bay to East Head - a sandy spit of land with sand dunes. And swam in the sea. Yum!

And today I finished work early, so more sun and sea coming this way.  Happy days.

No comments: