Pages

Wednesday 21 July 2010

made for

He is the crack in the wall that lets in a shaft of light, illuminating my deepest desires, my longing that refuses to be satisfied. He is the oasis in the desert, drops of water that refresh my parched throat, dried up from its desperate pleas. Drops of water that lead to a gushing stream, a mighty river. I can hear the waters roaring even though I cannot see it yet. And I can hear whispers in the in the wind that encourage my heart to keep beating, because I am not alone. And I see sparks of colour pulsating beneath the covering of grey. Dancing figures in the mist. Hundreds of hints, suggestions that reassure my body and soul that there is more.

YES YES YES THERE IS MORE!!

I am not made to live in black and white. I am made for vibrant colour.
I am not made for darkness. I am a daughter of light.
I am not made to run on empty. I am made to be filled, to pour out, and to be filled again.
I am not made to walk alone. I am made for community – united by love unconditional.
I am not made for one dimensional living. I am made for life in all its fullness.
I am not made to be trapped by fear into non-moving, non-speaking existence. I am made to be free. Free to dance and free to sing with all that I am and more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

standing on the edge


I see is your image standing right above me on the wall
Stretching out my hands so I can catch u when u fall
You look at me, I look at you and then I look around
My mistakes, my weaknesses, they tie me to the ground

So I’ll climb the wall so u don’t have to fall
We can live our lives across the sky
Will you take my hand, we will leave this land
Let us love, then dance, and fly

Across the wall is the ocean, so deep, so blue, so vast
It stretches forth till it meets the sky and takes away your past
I look at you, you look at me, I see you look around
Choose the ocean’s liberty or a love that’s ever bound

I’m gonna climb the wall so u don’t have to fall
We can live our lives across the sky
Please take my hand, and we’ll leave this land
Let us love, then dance, and fly

I know I want to be with you, but you’ve been on here before
I let u go and chose the chains that have bound me to the floor

I have to climbed the wall and i won’t let you fall
We are living life across the sky
Now I have your hand, on our way to that land
Where we’ll love, and dance, and fly

katrina said...

this is beautiful :-)