Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Exploring Cornwall - Baker's Pit

I spent all day in front of the computer doing work-type stuff.  Which was fine.  But by the time hubby got home I was kind of grumpy and restless.  So I decided to go out on the moped and check out some of the little places that I see signposted and wonder about... like Georgia, Embla, Almaveor.  Don't those names just cry out to be explored?!  I'm so glad I decided to go out, I forget how much I love to discover new places, and chat to God as I walk, and pretend for a moment that it's just me and the flowers and the birds.  I also love the moped on those tiny roads, easy to manoeuver and like cycling except without the effort. Ha ha!  

Outside Georgia I stumbled upon a walk around 'Baker's Pit Nature Reserve' and was treated to all sorts of delights, less than 10 minutes drive from where we live... like an old clay pit, now filled with water, lots of ruins, little farms, plenty of yellow gorse and purple heather.  I didn't pass anyone except for two people on horses and I stopped to chat to some beautiful brown cows for a bit.  There were views of the sea on both the north and south coast.  All in all pretty lovely and just what I needed.

So, I encourage you, get out and explore, you never know what you might find!





No comments: