Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Fathers

Two minutes silence and I think of Fathers

Fathers lost and Fathers gained
Fathers who are, Fathers who have never been
Fathers who stepped in
Fathers that make us proud
Fathers that make us ashamed
Fathers who sacrifice
Fathers who forget
Fathers who fight
Fathers who fall
and feel
and enFold their sons tight in their arms

Fight for me
Love me with a forceful kind of love
Tell me how you feel about me, please?
When I'm frightened, fire away my fear
Fashion me into someone 
Who follows in your footsteps

I fight for you.  Every day.
I love you with a love whose force is stronger than any raging river
And it won't be washed away.
I'm telling you now how I feel about you, listen.
When you're frightened, I'm right beside you.  There's no need to fear.
I'm fashioning you to walk confidently in your own steps.
When other Fathers fail, I'll Father you above and beyond anything you ever thought you deserved.

No comments: