Pages

Thursday 15 October 2009

DNA

I want to get back into writing regularly, it's one of those things the longer you leave it, the harder it is. So i'm just writing and seeing what thoughts spill through my finger tips. I am pondering a little on the purpose of this blog... I'm aware all these online tools can become rather self indulgent, and also very time consuming, at least this is the case for me, so i want my reasons to be good. I'd like what I post to challenge and encourage and inspire, and on a personal level for it to be a way of practising writing and being creative.

I have just begun something called DNA, which is a 10 month .... hmmm wondering what word to use... let's just say 10 months of a mixture of learning about God, and oneself, and others, and a whole range of theological and current issues, and how they intertwine. The way this is done is through both studying and being placed in a church where you get fully involved in its life. You are there predominantly to serve, and that could mean a whole range of things both practical and spiritual. In other words it is a time of intense discipleship.

What does that mean for me? Well, I am staying in Brighton at my church - Citygate. I have started to feel really at home there, like i have space to be myself, and also that despite it not having a huge congregation, there are many many people I'd like to learn from in particular with regard to the way that they creatively love God and love Brighton in a whole variety of ways. I will be spending time helping out at the different projects that are connected to the church (more on them soon). It feels like such a privilege to be able to try out different things and work in a whole range of environments. This is just what i wanted this year so i'm very content and excited about what's to come!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

don't stop writing kat! I love your blog! (and you :) xx)

Cherry said...

mmm citygate.