Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

Appreciating Penzance this week

Wednesday: Working at home all day in front of a computer makes me quite desperate to get outside by around 5pm, and with summer in the air I'm determined to make the most of living in this special part of the world.  I'm finding Penzance prom a good place to air my head, chat to God, and think about things other than work.  This time, I found myself quite fascinated by the rust on the railings, I think it's kind of beautiful.




Friday: The fun fair came to town!  I'm a pretty big fan of fun fairs, especially the smells and the lights and the BIG RIDES, even if we were only ever allowed on one ride and no candy floss, burgers or toys when we were kids! Knowing a family with three young children gave me the excuse to check out this one.  It was a little different to the fun fair on Brighton level, or how I remember them from childhood, with a lot less stalls and rides and a lot more space... but hey we are in Penzance!  I went on bumper cars for the first time in my life (when you're only allowed on one ride, you chose the biggest there is, so the bumper cars never got much attention!) with my 5-year-old friend.  And accompanied his mother on the incredible Hulk ride which was actually REALLY fun. I laughed hysterically the whole way round while Mandy screamed.  Good times :-)




Saturday: What better way to spend a Saturday night than to outside on a sofa in front of a fire and roast marshmallows?!  Thankful for friends who make things like this happen, and little people who call me "Aunty Kat". Yey.





No comments: