Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

Day 1 - White

So, continuing with my aims to write more - for Lent I'm resolving to write something on here everyday.  Mainly poems, I reckon, but other stuff too.  I know we're already into Day 3 of Lent, I just haven't had time to sit down with the laptop and blog, but I have been writing...


White

He sings white over you
pure and holy
a white stone
with your name written on it

He dances white over you
white shining like
sun, moons and stars
He breathes you full of light

He waves white over you
a victory flag
the battle is won

A white dove
He sends to you
the floods are over
and flowers have already appeared
in the land

He wraps you
and infiltrates you
with white peace
whole and true

In the dark of the night
He sings white
He sings light
over you

I wrote this for my friend Kim, during an evening of dancing and worshipping God.  It was a good, free, time!

No comments: